The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) published new resources for infection prevention and control in dental settings. Entitled Summary of Infection Prevention Practices in Dental Settings: Basic Expectations for Safe Care, with a March 2016 publication date, the document summarizes current infection control recommendations from 2003, and includes a comprehensive checklist that can be used to evaluate compliance.
- Infection prevention program administrative controls,
- Infection prevention education and training,
- Respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette,
- Updated safe injection practices, and
- Work practice controls for instrument processing.
Since 1992, OSHA Review, Inc. has provided dental professionals with comprehensive programs to support regulatory compliance and infection control. We are a registered dental continuing education provider in the state of California, specializing in Dental Practice Act, infection control, and OSHA training.