The Security Rule under the US Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requires dental…
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) published new resources for infection prevention and control in dental settings. Entitled Summary of Infection Prevention Practices in Dental Settings: Basic Expectations for Safe Care, with a March 2016 publication date, the document summarizes current infection control recommendations from 2003, and includes a comprehensive checklist that can be used to evaluate compliance.
- Infection prevention program administrative controls,
- Infection prevention education and training,
- Respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette,
- Updated safe injection practices, and
- Work practice controls for instrument processing.
Since 1992, OSHA Review, Inc. has provided dental professionals with comprehensive programs to support regulatory compliance and infection control. We are a registered dental continuing education provider in the state of California, specializing in Dental Practice Act, infection control, and OSHA training.